It is finally Friday and time to start the weekend. I am sure you will be home all weekend staying cozy with family or maybe just yourself. One thing that I have always loved is a good playlist for the weekend ahead. I do curate my playlist for how I am feeling, what I will be doing and even what the weather will be. This weekend I will be staying cozy at home and will be indulging in some reading and maybe even trying a new show to watch. The weather will be cooler only getting into the 60’s for a high and even raining on Sunday.
Here are five songs that I have picked for the Weekend Playlist for you to check out and enjoy if you are looking for some calm tunes to enhance your coziness at home this weekend as well.
- Waiting Around by Aisha Badru – A very soft melody and simple song to enjoy with a hot cup of coffee in the morning. Aisha has a beautiful melodic voice that almost just whispers and it just calms the senses. A definite song for a cozy weekend.
- Howling by RY X – A song that captures a deep feeling with its haunting lyrics and melody. A great song for a rainy day to enhance that feeling of gray skies and bundling up in oversized cozy sweaters.
- Alaska by Maggie Rogers – I love me some Maggie Rogers anytime of the day and this song just inspires such a happy feeling. A song that is good for either sipping a cup of coffee, cooking dinner or even cleaning the house. It is both slow and fast almost at the same time, but it is a song that will definitely perk you up either way.
- Thousand by Rosie Carney feat. Lisa Hannigan – A beautiful folk sounding song, this one does not disappoint for wanting to just put on a good song and relax. It has such a beautiful sound with soothing instruments playing in the background and the singer has such a beautiful voice that it is easy to just fall in love with this one.
- Sunset Lover by Petit Biscuit – One of my favorites and actually a little tropical sounding, Sunset Lover just puts you in that mood of kicking back at the end of the day and relaxing. A song that was literally inspired by how one feels while watching a sunset, it truly does invoke a feeling breezy beach days and feeling the sun on your skin. Although it will be a rainy weekend, this a great song to get you in the mood for sunnier summer days ahead.