Welcome to the first edition of The Weekend List. A place where I will be sharing bits of this and that throughout the week including interesting articles, recipes, sales, what I am watching, reading, etc.
This weekend we will be getting ready to take a little road trip down to St. Augustine for a few days. Traveling has surely been different this year, but not impossible! Fun fact, St. Augustine is the oldest city in the United States and I am looking forward to visiting and discovering all of its charm. It has been raining here in Jacksonville almost all week and definitely beginning to look and feel like fall, so I am looking forward to the week off ahead.
- Unsolved Mysteries is back on Netflix for Season 2 just in time for Autumn. I loved the first season and loved that while although they redid the opening music, it still has the same elements of the original song which made it iconic. Unsolved Mysteries will forever be a favorite show to watch.
- This Week I have been reading The French Art of Not Trying Too Hard by Ollivier Pourriol. It’s been an interesting read with some thought provoking ideas about why we try to force things instead of letting them flow naturally.
- Speaking of Francophile books, I saw that Alois Guinut came out with a new book, Why French Women Wear Vintage: And Other Secrets of Sustainable Style. I loved her previous book, How To Dress Like A Parisian. I too love to shop thrift and second hand stores for clothing, so to add two things together that I love certainly makes it very enticing for me to want to read.
- If you love a dreamy outdoor spaces then you must check out this Brownstone Backyard over at Margo & Me. Full of romance mixed in with Parisian and Italian details, this outdoor space is nothing short of tres chic.
- Now that I work from home full time, I am always on the lookout for wardrobe pieces that I can wear during my workday versus the more professional attire that I was used to wearing to the office. I like to keep my work from home clothing casual, yet chic. I found this great Shell Mixed Media V-Neck Top. It’s a top that is comfortable and elegant to wear with a pair of dark wash jeans or black pants. I love the neutral colors and simple pattern and the fact that it is versatile in being able to dress up or down.
- As we get closer to Christmas it is time to start finding all those great holiday movies and shows coming on. Read about the 17 New and Original Christmas Movies/Shows for 2020. I know for certain that I will be watching The Holiday Movies That Made Us and The Great British Baking Show: Holidays: Season 3.
- I have my eye on this Nordic Ware Beehive Cakelets Pan from Wal-Mart. Many other stores such as Target, Amazon and Williams Sonoma had the same pan, but Wal-Mart had the best price coming in at $$34.99. I would love to bake a batch of honey cakes and these little bee hive cake molds would be so cute to do it in as well providing the perfect portion for the little cakes. This would be especially cute in the springtime which will be right around the corner.