I do love this time of year. Everything seems to sparkle and come alive in a way that it doesn’t any other time of year. It’s a good time to feel festive and to have all of the Christmas expereinces. Starting right before Thanksgiving I try to come up with things that I want to do throughout the Christmas season, so I thought it would be fun to share some Christmas favorties with you this year.
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
- The Family Stone
- The Grinch
- Dash & Lily (New on Netflix this year)
Food & Drink
- Charcuterie Board with red wine
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate (or homemade French hot chocolate)
- Gingerbread cookies and gingerbread lattes
- Sugar Cookies
- Trader Joe’s Over The River and Through The Woods Trail Mix
- Christmastime is Here (I like both the original “Peanuts” version and the one from Diana Krall)
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (She & Him)
- The Christmas Song (Catherine Feeny)
- Merry Christmas Wherever You Are (Meiko)
- Mistletoe (Justin Bieber)
- Seeing Christmas light displays in town.
- Making a French hot chocolate and watching a Christmas movie.
- Picking out a Christmas tree from a tree farm/lot and decorating.
- Wrapping gifts while sipping a peppermint hot chocolate.
- Baking and decorating cookies.
Christmas Day Traditions
- Baking Cinnamon Rolls first thing in the morning.
- Opening gifts and stockings while listening to Christmas music.
- Dinner/visiting friends and family (this is pre/post covid).
- Spending time around the Christmas tree with one last peppermint hot chocolate.
- Time to relax and enjoy the last of the Christmas season.