Only nine days left until Christmas and I am here for it. I was a little worried that it wouldn’t quite feel like Christmas being in Florida, but luckily since it is north Florida, we do get some colder days where you need a sweater and jacket, it just doesn’t freeze. Even now as I am typing this it is raining outside with a temperature of 52 degrees (feels like 49 according to the weather app). So I am currently bundled up in an oversized sweater with lit candles with a space heater keeping me warm.
I was going to go for a walk to get a latte at Starbucks, but I am thinking that I will be making my own coffee at home this afternoon. As we make our way into the weekend though it will be warmer, so just in time to get out a little and enjoy the town. Here is a cozy little weekend list of things that I have been enjoying myself recently during the past few weeks.
- French Kiss Life Podcast – I listen to this podcast every week as it is so inspiring and really makes you want to create a life of beauty and ease. While Tonya Leigh goes into many great topics, for the past 3 weeks she has done a series called Love Notes. These Love Notes are snippets of some of her best advice and are worth listening and re-listening to again.
- The Queen’s Gambit – I’m sure some of you have already watched this limited series on Netflix as it has been out for a few weeks now. The husband and I recently started it and simply love it. I am in love with everything about this show…the style, the story, characters, cinematography, it just all blends in beautifully and makes for a wonderful watching experience.
- Dash & Lily – While The Queen’s Gambit is a more serious show, Dash & Lily is a more light hearted fun watch. Centered around Christmas in New York, it’s about two people who have a little adventure through New York together, but also separately. It is a very cute show to check out, especially if you are in a Christmas mood.
- Trader Joe’s Mug Hangers – Found during one of my shopping trips to Trader Joe’s was this box of gingerbread men cookies that you can hang on the side of your cup. Being a girl who loves all the Christmas things, I bought a box and enjoy hanging that little cookie (or two) on the side of my mug to enjoy as a little sweet treat with my coffee.
- Amazon Basics Argyle Sweater – I am always a little cautious about purchasing clothing on Amazon. I have heard some crazy stories about things being now good quality, the wrong item, or just doesn’t look as good as the picture. I decided to give this sweater a try and am pleasantly surprised how much I love it. I loved the simple argyle design on the front, but the sweater itself was true to size and quite soft. It has become one of my favorite sweaters to wear while working from home and I may even try another in the near future.
- Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette – I usually only use one eyeshadow palette at a time, so I wanted to get something that had a few options to create different looks. I found this on sale at Macy’s for 50% off and decided to give it a try. So far I am liking the colors and the looks I can create with this one. I am hoping that this one will last all year and next year I would like to try the UD Naked 3 Palette.